Vegan chocolate (70% cacao)
1. Soak dates in warm water for 30 minutes after removing their pits.
2. Blend almonds and hazelnuts coarsely in a food processor and set aside.
3. Place dates in the food processor and blend until it has the consistency of a fine paste. Do not blend the entire batch in one go; add a few, blend and mix with a spoon.
4. Add in the almonds and hazelnuts and mix again.
5. Optionally, add peanut butter. Form the paste into balls and cover with superfood powders and ground nuts.
Spirulina is a type of algae, like seaweed. It grows in freshwaters like lakes, rivers, and ponds which is a great source of protein, vitamin and mineral. It is also rich in B12, and can be consumed safely by adults and children.
Hemp powder is made from hemp seeds, and is a great source of plant protein as well as vitamins and minerals.
Acai powder is made from the acai berry, which is an immune-booster with its antioxidant content. It also helps burn body fat.
Dried turmeric is a spice. It has numerous benefits with anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects, and 1-2 spoons of turmeric should be a part of any diet.
Algae powder is made from a type of seaweed. It is a natural source of omega fatty acids and is also rich in protein.
You can add superfoods to your smoothies, meals, soups, salads, cakes or cookies, or use them to add a boost to your energy balls like me.